Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Policy
WestHost strives to maintain a high-level of service, and a lot of customers depend on our high standards of quality. As such, we will not provide services to those that are using our services for:
- Hacking, which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card "phishing" techniques are also prohibited.
- Hosting of files or other data or any activity that infringes on another's copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Storing, distributing, transmitting or publishing any material without the express consent of the owner.
- Storing and/or distributing “pirated” software, via our services or systems or any other materials that are not expressly licensed to you.
- Spamming, or sending of bulk unsolicited email. We maintain a strict policy on spamming, which includes the sending of unauthorized commercial messages by use of our services, or by maintaining an open SMTP connection. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service based on reasonable indications that you are engaged in spamming of any sort.
- Placing undue burden, whether with intent or not, on our server(s) or network(s), or third party vendors' server(s) or network(s). You agree that we may place restrictions on, or terminate, services dependent on the extent that they exceed the use of services by similarly situated customers.
- Uploading or linking to any content that violates another's right of publicity or privacy.
- Distributing hate speech, or any other content that is obscene, abusing, which could be considered libelous and defamatory.
- Hosting, storing, or distributing child pornography. If any such content is found and brought to our attention, the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified.
- Shared Hosting Packages are not to be used as a backup service. All stored files that reside on your account must be directly related to your web site. Archiving MP3, video, images or backups is prohibited on shared hosting packages. If you need these abilities we recommend that you upgrade to a dedicated server.
- Hosting, storing, or distributing pornographic material. This includes sites that may provide links to adult content elsewhere. In addition, our servers and services may not be used for the propagation, distribution, housing, processing, storing or otherwise handling in any way lewd, obscene, or satanic materials.
- Illegal or unlawful purposes or for any purpose which causes harm to other users of our services (this obligation also applies to anyone who is using your connection to access our services).
- WestHost does not allow the hosting of proxy websites on any of our shared hosting plans.
- WestHost does not allow the Camfrog software to be run on WestHost servers. Camfrog is being defined as the software downloaded from camfrog.com or other mirror sites.
- We retain the right, at our discretion, to refuse to provide new service to any individual, group or business, or to discontinue providing services if we deem that your services or actions negatively impact the stability of our platforms and/or our ability to provide services to our clients.
- Customers are prohibited from using or allowing the services to be used for any intrusive activity (port scanning, sniffing, spoofing etc) or cryptocurrency mining, doing so will cause your account to be terminated.
- If you are a reseller of our services and you and/or the end user of the services breaches this AUP, you have an obligation to advise the end user regarding any action WestHost takes in accordance with the terms of this AUP.
- Without prejudice to any obligations contained within our Terms and Conditions, you and any others using our services agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in connection with the services. You acknowledge and agree that you are liable for all use of the services supplied to you irrespective of use without your knowledge and/or consent.
- If your use of our services is investigated by relevant authorities, WestHost reserves the right to suspend your use of the services for the duration of the investigation.
Last Updated: 06/03/22