Please note that this article is for Site Manager accounts. See what account type you have here.
- Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- From the Tools menu, choose Account Settings.
- Select Account Actions -> Add Mail Account.
- Click on the Next or Continue button.
- Enter your name
- In the E-mail address field, enter your full email address ( ex: [email protected]), and enter your account password. Check "Remember Password" if you do not wish to type in the password each time you connect to e-mail. Click Continue.
- Select POP as the type of Incoming Server.
NOTE: If you have installed IMAP Server, you will need to choose IMAP as your Incoming Server.
- In the Incoming Server field, your domain should be entered.
(Figure 3 - Incoming Server)
- If you run into a "Configuration could not be verified..." message, you may need to select "Manual Config."
(Figure 4 - Incoming User Name)
- If you need to use the Manual Config area, you will manually type your domain name into the hostname lines for both incoming and outgoing. The default POP incoming port is 110 and the default IMAP incoming port is 143.
- The outgoing port by default will be 25. If you cannot send out, you may need to install Sendmail on Alternate Port from Site Manager >> Install & Manage for your account. After that is done you can send out on port 2525
- If you have a shared IP address, the username setting will be in the form of "[email protected]"
However, if you have a dedicated IP address, it will be in the form of "user" without the @domain.com typed in.
- Do NOT enable SSL/TLS for either server, but leave the Authentication on Normal Password for both.
- Click on the "Re-test" option to see if you are able to successfully connect and create your account.
- If you continue to have trouble, please contact Support.