This article is for Site Manager hosting accounts. If you are not sure where your account is located, please check our guide here.
In order to get your account set up with Outlook 2010, follow these general steps.
- Navigate to File >> Add Account.
- The Auto Account Setup wizard will start and request information such as type of account, your name, e-mail address, and password.
Select "E-mail Account," type in your name or a display name for the account, type in the full e-mail address "email@example.com," and your password twice.
- Click Next.
- The wizard will test the settings and should show you a successful and complete message once it finishes. If it does not, you will see an error message. Click Next to see an option allowing you to "Manually configure server settings."
If you do need to manually configure the server settings, you will be taken through another series of similar prompts.
- Select Internet E-mail
- Type in your name and your e-mail address.
- Select the account type as POP3 [or IMAP if you have that installed through Site Manager >> Install & Manage], type yourdomain.com for the incoming mail server, type yourdomain.com for the outgoing mail server. Be sure to replace where we type "yourdomain.com" with your actual domain name.
- User name if you have a shared IP address will be formatted as firstname.lastname@example.org but if your account has a Dedicated IP address it will need to just be user without the @domain appended.
- Fill in your password and check the "Remember Password" box if you do not want to type it in each time you connect to your account.
- DO NOT check the "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication [SPA]" unless that has been activated or configured by you or a web developer.
- You may need to configure a custom outgoing port via More Settings >> Advanced if your ISP blocks outgoing traffic on the default port 25. You will need a Dedicated IP address and have "Sendmail on Alternate Port" installed through the Site Manager >> Install & Manage page for that to work on port 2525.
- Click on Next to see the "Congratulations" page. Click Finish.