- First open the program. Once the program is open, you are ready to set up your new account.
- Click on Tools -> Account Settings from the top bar (see Figure 1).
(Figure 1 - Tools Drop Down Menu)
- The Account Settings wizard window will open up (see Figure 2).
(Figure 2 - Account Settings)
- On the Account Settings wizard window, make sure the E-mail table is selected at the top and click New (see Figure 2).
- This opens the Add New E-mail Account wizard. Make sure the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP radio is checked and Click Next (see Figure 3).
(Figure 3 - Add New E-mail Account)
- On the Auto Account Setup screen, make sure the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox is checked and click Next (see Figure 4).
(Figure 4 - Auto Account Setup)
- On the Choose E-mail Service screen, make sure the Internet E-mail radio button is checked and click next (see Figure 5).
(Figure 5 - Choose E-mail Service)
- On the Interenet E-mail Settings window, enter your information as follows (see Figure 6):
- Your Name: Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail Address: Enter your e-mail address.
- Account Type: Select your account type from the drop down. By default your account is configured to use POP3, but if you have installed the IMAP site application, you will need to make sure and select IMAP as your Account Type.
- Incoming mail server: Enter your domain name (without the www. before it).
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter your domain name (without the www. before it). NOTE: Some ISPs will require that you use their specific SMTP server so they can monitor and watch for e-mail spam abuse. You will need to contact your ISP to find out if they require you to use a specific SMTP server.
- User Name: Enter your e-mail address, again.
- Password: Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account.
(Figure 6 - Internet E-mail Settings)
- Click Next.
- Click Finish (see Figure 7).
(Figure 7 - Confirmation)
Finishing the Setup of Your E-mail
Before you start to use your new e-mail account, complete the following steps:
- Before you try to send mail from your account, check for new mail in your mailbox. If you try to send mail before you have checked for new mail, an error will come up when you try to send the message. This step is only necessary after you have set up your e-mail account for the first time OR if you have changed Internet connections.
- Set up your e-mail program to delete e-mail from the server after you have downloaded it to your computer. You do not want to leave the e-mail on the mail server because if you do, your e-mail box will overfill on the server and cause your mailbox to work improperly.
NOTE: This is applicable if you are using POP3 as your Server Type.