This article is for CHI Accounts. Determine where your account is with this guide.
Here is the general guide for setting up Mac Mail with a WestHost e-mail account.
Step 1: Open Mail And Enter The Account Information
- Open Mail [from the Dock or the Applications folder].
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistance does not appear, choose "Add Account" from the File menu.
- Choose "Other Mail Account.
- Click "Continue"
Fill in the Full Name, Email Address, and Password fields.
your e-mail account password will be stored in the Keychain and used automatically to login to your e-mail account again when you open Mail.
Step 2: Enter The Correct Account Information
- Enter your email address, username, and password. The Username is the full email address.
- Choose the proper Account Type [POP or IMAP will work]
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server, User Name, and Password. Click on Continue.
Incoming will be chimail.yourdomain.com
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details.
Outgoing server will be chimail.yourdomain.com
- Click "Sign On"
- Select "mail" and click "Done."
Step 3: Troubleshoot Your Account If It Is Not Working
If you are still having trouble after the account has been created, please do the following:
- Choose Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts
- Make sure that you have the following:
A. Incoming Mail Server: yourdomain.com
B. User Name: email@example.com (or user+yourdomain.com)
C. Password: your email address password
- Choose “Advanced”
A. Ensure that the “Port” is set to 110 for POP3 or 143 for IMAP.
B. Ensure that Authentication is set to Password.
- Go back to “Account Information” and choose the Outgoing Mail Server Dropdown -> Edit SMTP server list.
A. Choose “Advanced”.
B. Set it to “Use custom port: 2525”.
C. Make sure Authentication is set to Password
D. Make sure your email address and password are entered below.
After completing these steps you should be able to send and receive mail via this account.
If you cannot send or receive e-mail and you have verified that you have the correct settings through cPanel >> Email Accounts >> More >> Configure E-mail Client, please contact your ISP [Internet Service Provider] or visit their online support to see if anything is preventing you from using this custom account.
Have your e-mail settings on hand to inform your ISP of the needs for your e-mail account.