Your WordPress Blog hosted with westhost.com will automatically place your blog posts in the “Uncategorized” category once they are posted, causing each of your posts to display this at the bottom of the page. This article will show you how to delete that category, as well as how to create a new category for your blog posts.
1. Navigate to the WordPress tab within CHI after logging in with your username and password.
2. Click the domain name associated with your WordPress account.
3. Click “Go to WordPress Admin Area”to access the admin dashboard for your WordPress account.
Before you can delete the “Uncategorized” category, you will need to create a new category for your posts and move your existing posts to that category.
Fill out the required information to create your new category.
Navigate to the “All Posts” page under the “Posts” tab.
2. Select “Quick Edit” under the title of your post.
3. Change the category from “Uncategorized” to your newly created category.
4. Click “Update” to move the post.
5. Repeat this process for all other posts.
Navigate to the “Writing” section under the “Settings” tab.
2. Change the “Default Post Category” to your new category to move new posts directly into your new category.
3. Change the “Default Mail Category” to your new category for the same reason as above.
4. Click “Save Changes” to save your progress.
Navigate back to the “Categories” page with the “Post” menu.
2. Check the box next to the “Uncategorized” category.
3. Click the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu.
4. Select “Delete” to delete the “Uncategorized” category.
5. Click “Apply” to save changes and your task is finished.