The following outlines how cPanel handles mail on a general cPanel server.
cPanel stores all mail at /home/username/mail/. In that mail folder you will see the following items that are of importance
- new (this is where new mail is stored for the user)
- cur (this is where mail is once its been read in a mail client or webmail)
- .Drafts (this is the drafts folder)
- .Sent (this is the sent items folder)
- .Trash (this is the trash folder)
- Note that if a client creates folders on their account they will be listed here with a leading .
The main cPanel username has an e-mail address by default and its folders are the ones in the /home/username/mail folder.