This article is for accounts using CHI. If you are
Pre-requisites for domain transfer:
- At your current registrar make sure your domain is not expired or suspended.
- Make sure your domain has been registered at least 60 days.
- Unlock your domain at your current registrar and request your EPP/Auth Code.
- Make sure your WHOIS contact email address is correct and can receive emails.
Steps to transfer in a domain for exisiting CHI clients
- Log in to your CHI account at https://chi.westhost.com
- Click on the domains tab off to the left
- Click on the "Register More" tab towards the top of the page.
- Type in the domain in the search bar. Your domain will appear as "taken."
- Click the transfer in button and fill out an order.
- Once your order has been processed, you will need to process the EPP/Auth code provided by your former hosting provider. You can do this by clicking the Transfer tab at the top of the page. Then you will need to input the code in the process EPP/Auth code section.
- After this has been processed, an email will be sent to the admin email address on the domain WHOIS asking you to confirm the transfer. If you do not reply to this email your transfer will not process successfully. Please note that after you place the order and confirm the email, the transfer can take 5-7 days to complete.
If you have any questions or concerns during this process, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you with transferring your domain.