SEO Guru Helps Your Website Grow
If your website isn’t performing as well as you’d like, there could be many explanations and contributory factors. And most of these can be addressed by requesting the assistance of an SEO guru. Search engine optimization is a complex art form, but at its heart is simple common sense – the process of understanding how search engine algorithms work, combined with a liberal dose of marketing expertise.
Improvements to SEO will increase visitor levels and the time spent on each page. They’ll boost the site’s position in ranking results, ensuring it appears in response to the most important keyword searches. That’s important for any business. And at WestHost, the things that matter to our clients matter to us, too. That’s why we’ve introduced an SEO Guru service, aimed at boosting your site traffic and improving your results positions.
We offer two packages aimed at businesses, both of which are currently available with 50% off your first year’s subscription.
The benefits offered by our SEO guru service:
- Identify weaknesses in your existing site. Perhaps you don’t have image captions or meta tags on every page. Maybe your site structure is screwy, or your URLs are obscure (.com/123 rather than .com/about-us). We’ll see where you’re going wrong.
- Undertake competitor analysis. If your site is #15 in certain rankings but your biggest competitor is #3, we’ll examine why their benchmark is higher than yours. Factors may include a site’s history, regularity of updates or the number of inbound links.
- Consider mobile optimization. Mobile traffic comprises the majority of internet activity, yet many websites are still designed for desktop audiences. Simple changes help to boost SEO rankings, which now regard mobile compatibility as a key factor.
- Shortlist keywords and recommend increasing their frequency. If you sell lawn equipment, you want to rank highly for that phrase. Coming 60th for ‘lawn equipment’ but first for ‘leaf blower’ is too specific, and will cost you valuable site traffic.
- Deploy keywords throughout the site. Keyword frequency is just as critical as keyword choice. You might have noticed the phrase ‘SEO guru’ appears five times in this article, and consequently ranks well for this term. Moderation is key, however.
- Identify advertising opportunities. Google AdWords is a hugely powerful platform when tied in with SEO analysis. Having identified keywords, the next step involves positioning pay-per-click ads in strategic positions beside results for certain terms.
- Prepare a plan of action. Once we’ve analyzed your site, we’ll compile a detailed report advising you about improvements. This may run to 50 points, but we’ll guide you through every stage to ensure you meet the goals and targets we’ve identified.
Of course, you might decide to do SEO work yourself, or even employ an expert. A word of caution, though – there are plenty of false prophets out there, preaching from outdated texts.
Here are a few things SEO experts can’t or won’t do:
- Guarantee a #1 position on Google. Firstly, that’s not something an external SEO specialist can promise. Secondly, they never say which search terms you’ll be #1 for.
- Create dozens of quality links to your site. Creating genuine links takes a lot of time – as opposed to the low-grade (and SEO-damaging) link farms used in black hat SEO.
- Ignore algorithm updates. Search engine algorithms are constantly being updated and revised. You simply can’t afford to ignore the latest changes or their implications.