Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Policy
Westhost strives to maintain a high-level of service, and a lot of customers depend on our high standards of quality. As such, we will not provide services to those that are using our services for:
- Hacking, which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card "phishing" techniques are also prohibited.
- Hosting of files or other data that infringes on another's copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Spamming, or sending of bulk unsolicited email. We maintain a strict policy on spamming, which includes the sending of unauthorized commercial messages by use of our services, or by maintaining an open SMTP connection. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service based on reasonable indications that you are engaged in spamming of any sort.
- Placing undue burden, whether with intent or not, on our server(s) or network(s), or third party vendors' server(s) or network(s). You agree that we may place restrictions on, or terminate, services dependent on the extent that they exceed the use of services by similarly situated customers.
- Uploading or linking to any content that violates another's right of publicity or privacy.
- Distributing hate speech, or any other content that is obscene, abusing, which could be considered libelous and defamatory.
- Hosting, storing, or distributing child pornography. If any such content is found and brought to our attention, the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified.
- Shared Hosting Packages are not to be used as a backup service. All stored files that reside on your account must be directly related to your web site. Archiving MP3, video, images or backups is prohibited on shared hosting packages. If you need these abilities we recommend that you upgrade to a dedicated server.
- Hosting, storing, or distributing pornographic material. This includes sites that may provide links to adult content elsewhere. In addition, our servers and services may not be used for the propagation, distribution, housing, processing, storing or otherwise handling in any way lewd, obscene, or satanic materials.
- Westhost does not allow the hosting of proxy websites on any of our shared hosting plans.
- Westhost does not allow the Camfrog software to be run on Westhost servers. Camfrog is being defined as the software downloaded from camfrog.com or other mirror sites.
- We retain the right, at our discretion, to refuse to provide new service to any individual, group or business, or to discontinue providing services if we deem that your services or actions negatively impact the stability of our platforms and/or our ability to provide services to our clients.
Last Updated: 11/20/14