This article is for Site Manager hosting accounts. If you are not sure where your account is located, please check our guide here.
If you would like to enable SSL/TLS on your email on your email in site manager you will need to follow a few simple steps.
These instructions all require you to have a dedicated IP address. If you do not have a dedicated IP address, please order one here: https://corp2.westhost.com/addons/
- Outgoing Mail
- If you would like SSL/TLS enabled for your outgoing email, and have never had it enabled before, you will need to contact our support team.
They will be able to enable that for you as long as you have a dedicated IP address.
- Once it is enabled, please ensure you are using port 2525 for your outgoing mail settings.
- Incoming Mail
- To enable SSL/TLS you will need to install Dovecot IMAP.
To do so, login to your site manager then navigate to Install and Manage >> Dovecot IMAP Server.
- Once that is installed, ensure that your email client is setup to receive email using IMAP.
- Enable SSL in your email client and make sure the incoming port is set to 993.