This article has been created to assist WestHost clients when connecting their CHIMail account in Windows Live Mail.
Table of Contents
1. Open the Windows Live Mail application.
2. Click on the tab titled “Accounts” located at the top of your screen and select the “Add Email” button.
3. Insert the following information: email address, password, and display name.
*Your password will be the same one that is used to log in to your WestHost email account.
1. Under “Incoming Server Information” click on the dropdown bar to access the “Server Type” tab. Select from POP, IMAP, or Windows Live Hotmail. Choose either POP or IMAP. If you would like more information about the difference between these options click here.
2. Insert “chimail.westhost.com” into the “Server Address” section for Non-SSL or "chimail.westhost.com" for SSL.
For example: For the POP server type without the use of the secured option, insert Port 110.
3. Click on the dropdown bar under the “Authenticate Using” section and select one of the options. You will want to select “Clear Text”.
Enter your email address in all lowercase for the username.
1.Enter “chimail.westhost.com” into the “Server Address” section for non-SSL, or chimail.westhost.com if you are using SSL settings.
Microsoft also has extensive documentation about their Windows Live Mail product.
|Content by Label|