Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
Select “Email” under the “Create a new account” section.
3. Click “Skip this and use my existing email”.
4. Enter your name in the field provided for the ‘From’ section. This displays your name when sending email.
5. In the “Email address” field, enter your full email address in all lowercase (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org). In the password field, enter the email account's password. Check “Remember Password” to skip entering your password each time you connect to your email account.
7.Select IMAP as the type of Incoming Server if you plan to sync email between your devices. POP3 should be used if you would like to download all emails from the email server to your computer and not have access to them using WebMail, your mobile device. tablet or outside ThunderBird.
8. Type mail.yourdomain.com into the hostname lines for both the incoming and outgoing field. You can also use the name of the server your email is hosted. You can find the name of the server in your cPanel >> Server Information. The default POP incoming port is 995 and the default IMAP incoming port is 993.
9.The outgoing port needs to be set to 465.
10. The username setting will be your email address in all lowercase letters.
11. Make sure to enable SSL/TLS for both servers, and leave the “Authentication on Normal Password” enabled for both.
12. Click on the “Re-test” button to check whether you are able to successfully connect and create your account.