Web Design FAQ
Welcome to the WestHost Frequently Asked Questions. Here you will find answers to the common questions asked about our services.
- Where can I see some examples of your work?
- Do I have to submit all the content right after I order or can I submit it later in the project?
- Can you take/move content from my old site?
- How do I submit content for my new Website?
- How can I request a FREE Custom Design Quote?
- I do not have any imagery for my Website, but I want some. How can I get some photography/graphics for my Website?
- Can I view my Website while it is being built?
- How long will it take to design my Website?
- Will I be able to update my site when it is done?
- What constitutes a Web page?
- Can I use the Website Creator to build secondary Websites under different domains using the same hosting account?
1. Where can I see some examples of your work? - Top
We offer a few samples of our work. More are available upon request.
2. Do I have to submit all the content right after I order or can I submit it later in the project? - Top
It is preferred that all site content be submitted at the start of the project. However, you can submit additional content throughout the design phase. This helps us determine the scope of the project, identify required resources, and limits the amount of delays that can occur in getting your Website designed.
3. Can you take/move content from my old site? - Top
Yes, if redesigning an existing site WestHost can move the content to the new site if desired.
4. How do I submit content for my new Website? - Top
The content can be submitted via e-mail or CD (CD's will not be returned). It is preferred that content be in a text file.
5. How can I request a FREE Custom Design Quote? - Top
To request a FREE quote please fill out our Custom Design Quote form.
6. I do not have any imagery for my Website, but I want some. How can I get some photography/graphics for my Website? - Top
Our Web Design Department custom builds each unique design. If you do not have any imagery of your own, we generally add imagery from different stock photography Websites on the Internet, such as iStockphoto.com. These images are relatively inexpensive and will be added on top of the total project estimate. You are welcome to also search stock photography Websites and make suggestions of your own.
7. Can I view my Website while it is being built? - Top
You will be given opportunities to review the pages of your Website as pages are completed during the design process. At each of these times you will also be given the opportunity to make revisions to your Website.
8. How long will it take to design my Website? - Top
The time required to create a custom Web design will vary based on the complexity, functionality, and quantity of content you're looking to incorporate into your site. You may request a completion estimate after we have received your order, and you will be updated on our progress numerous times throughout the design process.
9. Will I be able to update my site when it is done? - Top
Yes. You will have full access to the files on your hosting account. You can edit them through any number of programs. For more information on managing your Website please visit your WestHost control panel.
10. What constitutes a Web page? - Top
A Web page is a page on the Internet that can be accessed through a Web browser. Each time you click a link on the Internet and are taken to a new screen, you are viewing a different Web page.
11. Can I use the Website Creator to build secondary Websites under different domains using the same hosting account? - Top
The Website Creator tool is intended to build one website per account only, which can be used one on only one domain on the account.
Get a free domain for life with our Preferred and Business hosting plans. We give you total control of the domain, point it, park it, whatever, it's your choice!
Money Back Guarantee
Test drive any hosting plan and witness our white glove approach to keep you here. You'll get a money back comfort blanket for 30 days to decide if WestHost is your cup of tea.
Hosting SolutionsWeb Hosting
Domain RegistrationRegister a Domain
Protect Your Brand
Information CenterAbout WestHost
Terms & Policies