Web Hosting Resellers FAQ
Welcome to the WestHost Frequently Asked Questions. Here you will find answers to the common questions asked about our services.
- What does it mean to be "Powered by Cloud"?
- How much money can I make being a Reseller?
- How is billing handled?
- How is technical support handled?
- Will my clients' site share my sites features and control panel? (Reseller Hosting Plans)
- Is overselling possible?
- Will my client's control panel show WestHost's logo and "branding"?
- Is there a fee to upgrade from one reseller hosting plan or one discount level to the next?
- How do I add additional features to my reseller hosting plan?
- Can I get a shared SSL certificate to use with all of my clients?
- Who handles the domain name registration for my clients?
- What DNS should resellers use?
- Terms, Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy
1. What does it mean to be "Powered by Cloud"? - TopIn the past WestHost has offered reseller plans that were built on traditional hosting platforms. Step into the clouds and allow me to introduce WestHost's new Reseller plans that are Powered by Cloud. All Reseller plans are now hosted using Virtual Private Servers (VPS), which is referred to as cloud hosting in the industry. Cloud hosting offers numerous benefits over traditional shared hosting platforms. Click here for more information on the benefits Cloud Hosting.
2. How much money can I make being a Reseller? - TopThe earning potential as a Reseller is practically limitless. The reseller program allows you to charge whatever you want and sell as many Web hosting plans as you would like. The Reseller program also allows you the ability to create and customize your own plans, for even greater flexibility and higher margins.
3. How is billing handled? - TopAs the Reseller you are responsible for collecting payment from your clients individually. We will bill you directly for your Reseller hosting plan according to the billing cycle you selected when signing up.
4. How is technical support handled? - TopYou will be the first point of contact for your clients. You can then directly contact our Technical Support department for those technical support issues you need assistance with. We will provide the answers that you can use to assist your clients.
5. Will my clients' sites share my sites features and control panel? (Reseller Hosting Plans) - TopYou are given complete control over what your client's have access to. You can give them access to a control panel customized exclusively for your business. You can also determine which site features or applications they can have access to. Be sure to check the feature list of your Reseller Hosting Plan, as some features are only available as an Add-On.
6. Is overselling possible? - TopAs a WestHost reseller you are given a large amount of space to divide between each of your hosting accounts. With our reseller control panel, you can sell more space than you actually have. You would not be required to upgrade your plan until you have exceeded the TOTAL usage of your account. This way you are only paying for what you need but have the ability to expand as needed. Our reseller plans are now powered with Cloud Hosting Technology, which uses virtual servers. Now you can upgrade your plan instantaneously with the click of a mouse.
7. Will my client's control panel show WestHost's logo and "branding"? - TopWe understand the importance of keeping WestHost transparent from your business. The control panel your clients use is no exception. By default your clients control panel will be "non-branded", meaning there will be no reference to WestHost or your company. As a Reseller you can modify your client's Control Panel to be branded with your company's look and feel.
8. Is there a fee to upgrade from one reseller hosting plan or one discount level to the next? - TopAs a Reseller you can upgrade to a larger reseller plan at any time and pay only the prorated difference between the plans. There is no other fee associated with upgrading to a higher plan.
9. How do I add additional features to my reseller hosting plan? - TopYou can add additional features to your account by logging into your control panel at https://cp.westhost.com.
10. Can I get a shared SSL certificate to use with all of my clients? - TopYes. All WestHost reseller accounts support SSL and have access to the WestHost shared SSL certificate for custom scripts and securing sensitive data. You can also purchase and use your own certificate for your accounts to use if you'd prefer. This can be purchased here.
11. Who handles the domain name registration for my clients? - TopWe offer domain registration services for Resellers at our Reseller Domain Registration Order Form.
12. What DNS should resellers use? - Top
WestHost has some generic DNS servers that you can use at no additional cost:
- Primary Nameserver: NS1.WESTSERVERS.NET
- Primary Nameserver IP: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary Nameserver: NS2.WESTSERVERS.NET
- Secondary Nameserver IP: 126.96.36.199
13. Terms, Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy - Top
Get a free domain for life with our Preferred and Business hosting plans. We give you total control of the domain, point it, park it, whatever, it's your choice!
Money Back Guarantee
Test drive any hosting plan and witness our white glove approach to keep you here. You'll get a money back comfort blanket for 30 days to decide if WestHost is your cup of tea.
Hosting SolutionsWeb Hosting
Domain RegistrationRegister a Domain
Protect Your Brand
Information CenterAbout WestHost
Terms & Policies