It’s a great time of year to reflect on what we’re thankful for. We decided to show our gratitude for 10 things that drive our company.
The time has come for us to gather together with friends and family and stuff our mouths full of turkey. The traditions of eating too much food, watching football until you fall asleep and then topping off the day with pumpkin pie make us reflect on so many great Thanksgivings, but the true meaning of the holiday revolves around one thing: gratitude.
Here at WestHost, we’re thankful for a lot of things. We’re indebted to a hard-working team that meshes together, a great office location and exciting clients – existing and new – to work with.
As a tech company we’re also thankful for the little things that make working in this industry a little easier. Here are ten of the things we’re grateful for this Thanksgiving season:
- The Cloud– we rely on the the cloud for just about everything these days. Whether we’re using Google Drive or Wrike to collaborate on a task, or we need flexible storage for an ongoing project, the cloud is always a reliable option.
- Content Management Systems – we’re thankful for content management systems like WordPress that make it so easy to build and maintain a website. We depend on our CMS every day to update our blog and website.
- Free coffee/soda in the office – ok, so maybe coffee and soda don’t directly relate to technology, but you’d be surprised how many of our projects are powered by espresso or Mountain Dew.
- Spotify Premium – listening to Spotify’s huge library keeps our focus dialed in when it’s crunch time.
- Skype – WestHost is proudly partnered with UK2 Group, which is located in London. Skype makes it easy for our two offices to stay in close contact – whether through chat or video call – when working on improving our clients’ web hosting experiences.
- Our CDN with CloudFlare – CloudFlare makes your site faster and more secure, which then makes your clients happy. When our clients are satisfied with their site’s performance, we’re happy. Everyone is happy with CloudFlare.
- Highly-skilled system admins/technicians – we’re thankful for the talented technicians, developers and system admins that work around the clock to make sure our infrastructure is always operating at optimal levels.
- Ping pong – when that 3:00 hour rolls around, nothing gets the energy levels back up like playing some competitive ping pong. You’ll usually find the marketing team playing against the developers, or the sales team taking on the tech support leads. There’s always a fierce office competition.
- Dedicated hosting – similar to the cloud, we rely on dedicated hosting to store our large projects. Our dedicated hosting is among the best in the industry, making it a reliable option for our team and all of our clients.
- A fun office environment – we love creating an environment that is both fun and conducive to producing quality work. Whether we’re talking about our company Fantasy Football league, watching Star Wars or just cracking down on a task, we love collaboration and good vibes around the office.
At WestHost, we’re thankful for each one of our clients! You are the ones who truly power this company, and for that we’re grateful. Happy Thanksgiving!
Find out how you can find some of the most affordable web hosting on the internet by visiting WestHost today!